One of our most popular questions is, “Have you heard of any bankruptcy alternatives? Does debt settlement really work?” A simple answer to this very broad question is yes, it works! However, there are a number of circumstances that play into whether debt relief services are the best option for you and your financial profile. Settlement is extremely effective when you have fallen behind on credit card payments, or have medical accounts in collections.
How Debt Settlement Works
The objective of debt relief is to reduce or completely eliminate unsecured debt such as credit cards, and medical related bills. Unfortunately, these services are not effective for secured debt such as your mortgage or car loan. Once you have decided to move forward with debt settlement, you will completely stop making payments to your creditors. Instead, you will pay into an escrow that will eventually pay your settlement amount to your creditors. Your debt settlement amount is considerably less than your current debt total. There are no upfront fees, whatsoever.
Is Debt Settlement For You?
Debt settlement services will not work for every one. You must consider what factors have contributed to your debt, as well as the alternatives that are available to you.
Ask yourself a few questions.
- Do I have at least $10,000 in unsecured debt (credit card, student loans, medical bills, personal loans, court judgement, income taxes, back rent)?
- Have I missed several payments, or am I currently behind?
- Have I been struggling to maintain other bills?
- Have I considered bankruptcy?
- Can I afford to pay $300 or more towards eliminating my debt?
- Has my credit score taken a fall?
Ready, Set, Call
If you answered ‘yes’ to the majority of the above questions, you are most likely a candidate for debt settlement. Your next step is to completely understand what debt settlement is and how it works. The best way to grasp an understanding of debt settlement is to call 1-855-364-4855 for a free consultation. You will speak with a friendly representative who will explain to you in depth what to expect, as well as calculate your expected term and monthly payment. The majority of our clients are debt free in 24 months or less. You may fill out a short form instead, and a representative will contact you within 24 hours.
Prepare Your Self
Our best advise is to be prepared. We suggest compiling a list of questions to ask your representative during your free phone consult:
- Can you calculate my estimated monthly payment? (Based on your total amount of debt)
- How many months will it take me to pay off my debt? (On average 24-48 months, can be more or less)
- Will the results be permanent?
- Do you have any customer testimonials that I can read?
- Will this affect my credit in a positive or negative way?
Ask yourself once more, “Does Debt Settlement Really Work?” If you have found that these services are not a good fit for you, there are other alternatives. Do your research. Read through our articles on each of the below topics so that you have a thorough understanding of what is a good plan for your unique circumstances. Unfortunately, the list below may come with penalties. We recommend to educate yourself on other options beforehand.
- Borrow money from family or friends
- Borrow from your savings or 401 K
- Take out equity on home